We have released the first round of data from our single-cell RNA-Seq experiments. You can explore the data in our web application SCeNGEA at https://cengen.shinyapps.io/SCeNGEA. The data are also available for download as an R object (in the monocle cellDataSet format) on the download page.
We are performing 10x single-cell RNA-Seq on FACS-isolated neurons. Using 52,412 sequenced cells, 109/118 neuronal classes have been identified and computationally assigned to a cluster based on their gene expression fingerprint (93 confidently, 16 tentatively), and 9/118 classes have not been annotated yet. Completed experiments:
- rab-3 (pan-neural): 8,625 cells
- unc-47 (pan-GABA 1): 1,176 cells
- unc-47 (pan-GABA 2): 2,933 cells
- nmr-1: 2,250 cells
- eat-4 (pan-glutamate): 6,136 cells
- ift-20 (pan sensory neurons): 3,935 cells
- unc-3: 4,481 cells
- cho-1 (pan-cholinergic 1): 3,474 cells
- cho-1 (pan-cholinergic 2): 3,107 cells
- tph-1; ceh-10: 3,331 cells
- acr-2 (cholinergic MN): 10,299 cells
- ceh-34 (pan-pharyngeal): 2,305 cells
- unc-86: targeting 5,000 cells
We are currently validating the neuronal classes identified by creating novel expression markers.